Whenever she bakes, my mom puts her rings, like this one that my dad gave her a few years ago, on the counter above the sink right in front of the window. I was walking by one afternoon earlier this week just as the sun suddenly came out from behind the clouds. The light was shining right through the heart shaped ruby making the counter in front of it look like the shadow of stained glass, so it caught my eye, my artistic appreciation, and my camera's memory.
These are from January when we were getting a new couch and TV cabinet and just fixing up the family room. We had a huge empty bookcase just sitting in the middle of the family room, so Alyssa and David were climbing in the shelves.. okay maybe I was too. (that's my foot David was grabbing) :)
Alyssa and I just HAD to make pink cookie dough! And what would pink dough be without a heart shaped cookie? (I think that's Alyssa's hand sneaking into the chocolate chip bag..) :)
Anyway, the reason I called this post Conservative Convictions - Appreciating the Little Things is for a few reasons. First, all these pictures are of little things or people :) like my adorable little niece and nephew, and the small pink flowers and the ring - all little things. :) Second, because I had been reading a bunch of posts on facebook and some newspaper articles a few weeks ago and some things had been really bothering me about when some people were saying. So, I went on facebook and posted my own convictions, which are quite conservative, in a note on my profile, and i was on a roll for a few hours just writing and adding pictures and looking up quotes. So I decided I would post a link to it here and if the link doesn't work i will post what i wrote in the note here as well.
This is the link to my first note:
My Beliefs
And this is a second link to a note with my favorite Ronald Reagan quotes:
Words To Live Your Life By
Enjoy! :)


1 comment:
nice post! too bad your blog is private so not many people besides our family can see it. cute pictures of the kids, too! did you see my blog recently? you haven't commented recently.
XO
Post a Comment